Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Here are some of our most frequently asked questions linked to their corresponding answers. If you have a question not listed, please contact us.
- Where is the Extension Human Resources Office located?
- Where is the Central WVU Human Resources Office located?
- How can I change my name now that my marital status has changed?
- How can I get a new WVU Employee ID card?
- What is the procedure to get a tuition waiver?
- What is Longevity Pay and am I eligible to receive it?
- Who is eligible for tuition waivers?
- Are there any employment restrictions?
- How do I apply for a promotion or transfer?
- How long does an application remain active?
- What happens if my application is received after the vacancy closing date?
- Who are the human resource contacts for the program centers and support units?
- How are job vacancies advertised?
- Can graduate assistants obtain health insurance?
- How can I change my TIAA-CREF allocations?
- What is a flexible spending account?
- How can I get duplicate PEIA ID cards?
- How do I change my beneficiaries on my retirement or life insurances?
- How long are dependent children covered under the PEIA health insurance?
- What are qualifying family status changes?
- Who is eligible for federal benefits?
- Who is the beneficiary for my family's PEIA Dependent Life Insurance?
- What is COBRA coverage and who can use it?
- Am I eligible for overtime?
- How can I change my tax status?
- How do I sign up for direct deposit?
- How often and when will I receive my paycheck/direct deposit statement?
- What do all the abbreviations mean on my direct deposit statement/pay statement?
- What does "Arrears" payroll mean?
- Who do I contact if I have a question about my paycheck?
Professional Development Days Registration, Costs, and Workshop Proposals
- How do I register for Professional Development Days?
- How do I know what workshops to enroll?
- Will I receive confirmation of my registration selections?
- What do I need to do if a workshop is canceled?
- Can I change my workshop selections at a later time?
- Do I need to register for meals for the Professional Development days?
- Is there a registration fee for Professional Development Days?
- What information is in our Professional Development schedules?
- Where do we pick up our Professional Development packets?
- Who pays for my lodging and travel fees?
- How do I arrange for dormitory lodging at Jackson's Mill for Professional Development Days?
- Who pays for the meals provided for each Professional Development Day?
- Who pays for the non-Extension presenters?
- How do I submit a workshop proposal?
- How will I know if my workshop proposal was accepted?
- Will I receive evaluation results from my workshop?
Extension Service Social Justice
- How does Social Justice relate to me and my job?
- What do I need to know about social justice?
- What is a disability?
- What is Social Justice?
- Are you available by phone if I just want to talk through some issues or ask for advice?
- Do you do presentations/visits in evenings/weekends?
- Do you make county visits even if you are not training?
- How do I know if I have a social justice issue?
- How much advance notice do you require to do a training session?